Thursday, October 30, 2014

Kando 17, 173


The Valley at last! At last! I am filled with joy and relief and bliss. The journey across the plains is finally over, and I never want to go back. Now at last I feel I've been making progress. I'm almost there. It was the most difficult journey, but it's nearly over. When the plains grew greener and hillier I knew I was getting close, but it still came as a shock when the ground dropped beneath me and the entire Valley opened up before me. Hills rise on its sides, and deciduous trees flock across it, giving way now and again to patches of meadow. I've seen the mountains on the horizon for days now, but they suddenly seem so close.
As I descend the Valley, the very air grows different. It's sweeter, somehow, fresher and more alive than the scent of the wild winds that roam the plains eternally. Now I'm making my way down a narrow path, and looking for some way to find the orchards.

No comments:

Post a Comment