Monday, September 12, 2011

Yay! My mom helped me scan some drawings onto the computer, so I've finally got my first picture on my blog!
        Like I promised in my last post, I've got a sketch of a Thelbian Mermaid by Bronze the Sling. In this species of mermaid, the scales actually extend up the back bone, and there are two patches of soft scales under the arms. The mermaid's forearms have a small, wide-span fin for steering and propelling through the water, and the fingers are webbed. Just below the backbone, the tailbone extends into a thin fin, which works as a rudder and is also useful for steering.
        The two large fins on the upper sides of her tail are flexible and fan-like, and ripple like the fins of and eel, making in easier to glide along and maintain balance when floating upright in the water. The strong, streamlined flipper is the main propeller for moving swiftly underwater.
        The silly fable of merpeople growing legs if they become dry is complete fur and feathers (or nonsense).
This an image of a sky wisp, a cloudy creature that lives up in the sky. Sky wisps can vanish in to thin air, quite literally. They are usually sky blue or cloudy white, but if they want to can become visible. They are very solemn and should be respected, because powerful ones can make fearsome storms. Whole cities rest in the clouds, wispy cities of white, and sky wisps darting to and fro are often mistaken for puffs of cloud being blown in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment