Thursday, October 2, 2014

Kando 7, 173


Well, they warned me about the dangers of traveling.
Yesterday I woke up with elf-locks in my hair. Some mischievous sprite had wandered too far north with too much time on his hands. I still haven't gotten them all out. So much for the elvish blood in my veins. How do they make tangles so well, the destructive little snippets?
Last night I lodged with another faun. This one lived alone with his wife and little girl. I felt an air of distrust around this house, unlike the first with the lovely faun family. A soft noise woke me in the middle of the night, and I saw the mistress faun with a candle, kneeling beside my bed and digging through my bag. Her husband was in the doorway, holding most of my silver.
"Oy!" I cried, and whacked the fauness with my staff. She yelped in pain, and her husband scurried away down the hall. Grabbing my haversack away from her, I charged after him. His plan - which was mainly run for your life and hide in a room somewhere - didn't make much sense. He slammed a door behind him and held it shut, and I tried to break it down. This failing, I threatened to burn the house down if he didn't come out. It worked.
I'm sick of staying with fauns.

No comments:

Post a Comment