Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bronze visits Thelbia Bay








 "June 2, 534

I arrived yesterday in Thelbia Bay, and what a city! The last time I've been anywhere so enchanting was when I passed through the Fairy territory in western Vytra. In Thelbia Bay, there are lanterns everywhere, and they set the place aglow at night like a thousand light fairies. Mist has been in the air since we arrived, and the city is built so close to the water that many of the buildings are right on top of the sea. Stone steps go down into the water, and seaweed of blue and green hue floats in the waves like siren's hair. Indeed, I am glad to know the waters are closely protected by the merfolk, or I wouldn't go near the water. It looks far too much like siren-water in the mist.

 Today I took a tour around the city's most scenic streets. Many of the walls of buildings are decorated with carvings of hippocampi and merfolk. Here are some drawings of a hippocampus and a mermaid, based off of a couple of carvings."

Keep in mind that the smooth, stylized, snakelike tail in the drawing is quite unlike a real mermaid's tail!

No comments:

Post a Comment